10.8.14

A DIFFERENT SIDE OF LONDON

Everyone needs a little a little bit of a happy place wherever you call home...




I know it's a bit weird. But I LOVE big cities. I'm a sucker for a shiny skyscraper, something London doesn't have in abundance...that is until you venture further east into Canary Wharf.

Canary Wharf is a bit of a mind trip as it looks nothing like any part of London. It's always been a thriving part of London's business trade although back in the day the trade was more sugar, rum, and elephants as opposed to the less tangible stocks and shares of today.

It's one of my favorite parts of London, mostly because it doesn't feel like the London I see every day. There are a few restaurants, an underground shopping mall, and great places to sit by the river with (a) beverage(s). The buildings are mostly financial institutions so nothing particularly thrilling to see inside I'd imagine. The outsides though are lovely.




There's a hidden park right behind one of the entrances to Canary Wharf that is gorgeous and surprisingly quiet. 



And other random little picturesque gems...










Not everyone agrees with my love of Canary Wharf and other places like it but if you like skyscrapers and that big city feel, you'll probably agree with me. Head over on a gorgeous sunny day and take it all in.

Just make sure you have Google Maps on on your phone - the streets can get confusing. Oh and at night, most things are closed but the view is still pretty.

What part of London does it for you?


xxs
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig