25.7.15

DATING AND THE BOOKS THAT CHANGED THE GAME

dating, dating in nyc, dating in london, new york, dating tips,

I'm not much of a player. In fact, exactly none of my friends would agree that I have any sort of "game" or way with men that I fancy. Flirting (or my version of it) tends to come naturally around those that I am not into and yet as soon as something pretty comes around, I forget all the words.


Then there is the general understanding that one needs to have when attempting to make a relationship with a human male succeed. I don't normally rely on self help books and I wouldn't consider either of these books to be in that category. I read them both before they became movies and having seen the movies, I can accurately say the books are nothing to do with the movies and should definitely be read.

It took a lot of thought for me to share these with you guys here. There's a certain amount of taboo around books on relationships however the lessons I picked up from these books have been so consistently recurring that I had to share.

 Both of these books I'm going to recommend changed the way I view both dating and relationships. I hope they do the same for you guys!



He's Just Not That Into You
by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo


THIS BOOK CHANGED THE ENTIRE GAME FOR ME. Seriously you guys. When I think of the hours and hours spent analyzing and making excuses for lost cause attempts at dating unsuitable and disinterested men, it makes me cringe.

The premise of this book is simple: when someone is interested in you, they will make it clear. No one who values you and genuinely wants to start something meaningful with you will ever leave you guessing or confused about his feelings for you. Every serious relationship I have had has demonstrated this pattern. Simples. If he's not calling you/texting you/bending over backwards to spend 1:1 time with you and only you, then he's just not that into you.

I cannot tell you how much time and energy I have saved since I read this book. Dating is hard enough so I highly recommend you equip yourself. Read this book and start recognizing the signs of a lost cause. If it doesn't change the game for you too then nothing will.

FAVOURITE QUOTES
"If I was into you, you would be the bright spot in my horribly busy day...If he's not calling you, it's because you're not on his mind".

"Don’t be flattered that he misses you. He should miss you. You are deeply missable. However, he’s still the same person who just broke up with you. Remember, the only reason he can miss you is because he’s choosing, every day, not to be with you." 


Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
by Steve Harvey
(available here)


As a fan of Steve Harvey the comedian, I never considered him to be a source of relationship advice or insight. However, this book made for a really interesting read, especially at a time when I was trying to understand why the boy I was in a relationship with at the time was making choices that made absolutely no sense to me. It's controversial but surprisingly insightful.

The book talks about the base differences in the way men and women approach love and being in a relationship. Fully aware this is a vast generalization but it made sense to me and my circumstance at the time so bear with me hehe. Women fall in love and want to grow with the person, be a team, a unit that will reach success together.

Men on the other hand see things a little differently. They would much rather come to the table already a success before they can truly commit to and focus on anyone else. Love isn't always enough and that really was a revelation to me - I'd always believed it was. The book was very insightful and I would highly recommend it to any woman who is dealing with a man in crisis.

FAVORITE QUOTES
"The range of your vision is impaired by the location of your head." 

"All I'm telling you to do is to be smart about it. Know that if this man isn't looking for a serious relationship, you're not going to change his mind just because you two are going on dates and being intimate. You could be the most perfect woman on the Lord's green earth...but if he's not ready for a serious relationship, he going to treat you like sports fish..."


I'd love to hear what you guys think. Sharing is caring. :)

xxs


SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig